2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 can condensed tomato soup
6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 cup light cream, undiluted
1. In a large skillet brown beef; pour off excess fat.
2. In small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, onion and undiluted soup.
3. Arrange layers of potatoes and meat in slow-cooker with potatoes on bottom. Pour soup mixture over.
4. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
5. Turn control to high. Pour cream over all; cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes.
We featured this recipe in the August/September 2016 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photos and recipes courtesy of the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Assocation.