- 64 oz. chicken broth
- 2 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3- 4 cans mixed vegetables (do not drain)
- 1½ lb. potatoes, cubed
- 2 cans butter Pillsbury biscuits in a can
- Mix ingredients together in a large pot. Stirring occasionally until stew is brought to a boil.
- Once stew is at a rolling boil, tear biscuits into bite-size pieces and add to the stew.
- Allow biscuit pieces (dumplings) to sit on top of the stew for a couple minutes before stirring them in. Stir until all of the pieces are in the mixture.
We featured this recipe in the February|March 2017 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Recipe courtesy of Ashleigh Calaway, District 8 Coordinator.