• 3 ⅓ cups (20 ounces) vanilla baking chips
• 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
• ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
• 1 ½ cups crushed candy canes
• dash red food coloring
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the vanilla chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir frequently until almost melted. Remove from the heat and continue to stir until smooth.
3. When the chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract, food coloring and crushed candy canes. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Chill for 2 hours and cut into squares.