The Farm Bureau Institute is a year long premiere leadership training course at a graduate level whose mission is to produce strong and effective county Farm Bureau leaders. The training focuses on personal growth and development, public speaking, working effectively with all forms of media, creativity training, understanding the role and functions of WFBF and Rural Mutual Insurance Company, training on working with government at the local, state and national levels, working to bridge the generational divide among volunteers, consideration of current national and international agricultural issues and completion of a Farm Bureau Personal Development Leadership Plan.
What is the Purpose?
The Institute’s mission is to produce strong and effective county Farm Bureau leaders.
- to develop and hone your follower and leader skills.
- to learn from experts, exchange ideas and gain confidence.
- to improve your communication and speaking skills.
- to learn how to craft an effective ag message and work with all forms of media.
- to develop new friends and find creative solutions to challenges through teamwork.
- to explore national and global agriculture issues.
- to join in the political process at local, state and national levels.
- to create a written leadership plan for your personal development and the improvement of your county Farm Bureau.
Who attends the program?
Any voting member of WFBF may submit an application to participate in the program. Each year’s class is limited to a maximum of 15. Classes are selected based on building a team learning environment.
What is our expectation?
WFBF expects Institute graduates to use the leadership skills and abilities they have developed in the program to become actively engaged and involved in their county Farm Bureau. Eventually, they may expand their leadership involvement in Farm Bureau and their community.
Find us on Facebook
Be sure to visit our Facebook page!