Starting in 2013, the Wisconsin Ag Women’s Summit recognized an AgVocate of the Year.
This award is given to a woman who embodies the term “AgVocate”. She actively and positively represents agriculture to both her peers and those outside of the ag community. She works to tell agriculture’s story in a professional manner and is seen as a leader and voice for local and state issues and events.
Criteria for Eligibility
1. The AgVocate of the Year shall honor a woman who has provided leadership and made positive contributions to Wisconsin agriculture.
2. The nominee must reside in Wisconsin.
3. The nominee must be part of an agriculture enterprise, agribusiness, farm and/or
commodity organization which operates in Wisconsin.
4. The nominee must be present at the Wisconsin Ag Women’s Summit, March 15-16, 2013 at the Madison Marriott West. Applications will be judged by an outside panel of industry professionals.
Guidelines for Submittal
1. Length of responses are limited to the space provided. No additional pages can be added to the nomination form.
2. The nomination form must be typed, single spaced, in Arial or Arial Narrow font using no less than 10 pt. font size.
3. Bullet points are acceptable where appropriate.
4. A photograph of the nominee must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. No self-nominations.
2013 AgVocate of the Year: Daphne Holterman
Daphne is pictured below with her daughters who nominated her for the award. (L-R) Taylor, Daphne and Lauren Holterman.