AFBF Convention | January 11-16, 2019
The 100th Annual Convention of the American Farm Bureau Federation will be held January 11-16, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Please complete the registration form. Be sure to indicate your arrival and departure dates.
- Indicate how many AFBF registration badges you will need. If you elect to participate in the Wisconsin delegation dinner, Leadership Luncheon, Foundation Night Out or AFB Foundation Flapjack Breakfast, please indicate so by checking the box on the form.
- Enclose payment for the AFBF registration fee, as well as the Wisconsin delegation dinner, Leadership Luncheon, or Foundation Night Out when you send in your registration. You will pay for your hotel room and any incidentals when you check out of your room.
- Reservations are due to WFBF by November 16. A confirmation letter will be sent prior to the meeting. Name badges, programs and event tickets will be distributed when you check in at the convention registration desk.
Transportation: Transportation arrangements to New Orleans are the responsibility of the individual(s) attending. WFBF will arrange air transportation for YFA award winners and delegates.
Hotel: The Wisconsin delegation will be staying at the J.W. Marriott Hotel in New Orleans. The address is 614 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130; Phone: (504) 525-6500. Room rate is $252 per night plus tax. The hotel is 12 blocks from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, site of the AFBF Annual Convention. AFBF will provide shuttle service from the hotel to the convention center. For more information, go to http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyjw-jw-marriott-new-orleans/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2.
Airport Transportation: The J.W. Marriott is located approximately 16 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Airport Shuttle New Orleans provides transportation between the airport and the hotel for an approximate cost of $24 per person one way. Taxi service is available from the ground transportation level of the airport terminals. Approximate taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is $36 one way.
Registration Fee: The AFBF registration fee covers entrance to all general sessions, issue conferences, and the AFBF IDEAg Trade Show. The cost is $100 for Farm Bureau members and $250 for non-members. Children age 17 and under are free of charge, however those age 12-17 are required to register so that they have a name badge.
Wisconsin Delegation Reception & Dinner: The traditional WFBF Delegation Reception/Dinner ($75 per person) will be at 7:00 pm on Saturday, January 12 at Fogo De Chao, located in the J.W. Marriott Hotel. This function will provide a great opportunity to meet with other members of our delegation and receive an update on the convention and related activities.
Optional Ag Tours: Louisiana Farm Bureau will offer a number of exciting agricultural tours on Saturday, January 12th and Tuesday, January 15th. A complete listing of tours, schedules, and registration instructions can be found online at https://www.fb.org/events/afbf-annual-convention/louisiana-tours. To register for a tour, call Sonya Huebner at the WFBF office at
(608) 828-5701 and she will order your tickets via the AFBF registration system.
AFB Foundation Flapjack Breakfast: On Sunday morning, January 13th, the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture will sponsor a flapjack breakfast beginning at 7:45 a.m. The Wisconsin Farm Bureau Foundation will purchase tickets for this event for the entire Wisconsin delegation. If you plan to attend, please indicate by checking the appropriate box on the registration form.
Leadership Luncheon – The Farm Bureau Leadership Luncheon will take place on Sunday at noon and is open to all annual meeting participants. Ticket cost is $45 per person. If you plan to attend, please indicate by checking the appropriate box on the registration form.
AFB Foundation Night Out – The American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture is organizing a special event on Monday evening, January 14th beginning at 7:30 pm, with a custom concert for Farm Bureau members featuring a yet-to-be-named musical artist. Ticket cost is $75 per person. If you plan to attend, please indicate by checking the appropriate box on the registration form.