The Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation is hosting a free educational seminar on growing industrial hemp. This event is being held at Chippewa Valley Technical College in the Business Education Center (Room 103 A/B) and is open to the public, no pre-registration is required.
The seminar will feature a brief synopsis of hemp legislation, Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection’s role in the hemp pilot program and licensing, a panel of experts and will conclude with a question and answer session. The expert panel will include:
- Bill Barker, Associate Dean for Research, UW-Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS)
- Brian Kuhn, Director of Plant Industry, DATCP
- Patrick Robinson, Associate Dean, UW-Cooperative Extension
- Ken Anderson, Founder/President of Legacy Hemp LLC
- Neil Reiten, Co-owner/Production Manager of Legacy Hemp LLC
- Dennis Klockenga, Crop Mangament Consultant, CCA.
If the college is closed due to unsafe weather conditions, the event will be cancelled. Please watch local weather channels or check cvtc.edu to confirm if the college is closed.
A live steam of the event can be accessed at www.wiseye.org/Live.