After a long winter, we welcome the warmer weather and the promise and hope of a new growing season. This is also the season of high school and college graduations. It’s hard not to be incredibly proud of all the students who have reached this special milestone in their lives. They have grown substantially and now prepare to embark on a new season of growth. I wish all my former students the very best as they enter the workforce, college or service to their country or family. With the help of these motivated individuals, the future of agriculture continues to look bright!
The thoughts below are my words of advice for my graduates. Each of the seniors in my agriculture department received a copy along with a package of “Extra” gum. Although intended for my 12th grade students, may the words also provide you with encouragement as you prepare for your next season of growth.
A little something extra for you!
- Remember that you are extra special. In the history of the world there has never been and never will be another person with your same genetics, experiences and talents. Don’t mark your success by comparing yourself to others who have been given a different mission in life. Fulfill your potential by using and sharing the gifts you have been given.
- Life is precious and we don’t always know the hardships that others face. Be extra nice and treat others with respect and dignity. Always remember that they are extra special, just like you.
- Make extra good choices. Each action we take makes a difference in the lives of others either positive or negative. Choose to make positive choices and change the world for the better!
- Don’t be afraid to go the extra mile. Those who succeed are not the ones who never made a mistake; they are the ones who never gave up!
- I’m extra proud of you! -Mrs. Meyer
Leave a Reply