What has Wisconsin Farm Bureau been doing on behalf of members? The WFBF staff has been working hard to continue giving farmers a voice and advocating for solutions.
- WFBF launched a #FightingForFarmers social media campaign to keep farmers’ struggles top of mind.
- Learn more about the letter WFBF and seven other ag organizations sent to the Governor asking for $50 million in direct farmer payments.
- WFBF’s governmental relations team sent a letter to the Wisconsin Congressional delegation asking for additional CCC and PPP funding.
- WFBF signed on to a letter with the Midwest Food Products Association, Inc. and the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association relating to Emergency Order #25
- WFBF joined the Wisconsin Hemp Alliance and Wisconsin Hemp Farmers and Manufacturers Association in sending this letter to the Governor asking for CBD oil stores to be opened.
- WFBF joined a letter with several other state agriculture groups in asking the USDA to use buying power on dairy products.
- The governmental relations team is setting up conference calls with WFBF members and members of Congress.
- WFBF sent a letter to all members of Wisconsin’s Congressional delegation urging their support of ensuring farmers are eligible for the Small Business Administration’s Emergency Economic Injury Grant program.
- Farm Bureau staff members attend weekly conference calls hosted by DATCP to learn and share information.
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau staff also participate in weekly phone calls with American Farm Bureau to share state-specific needs related to COVID-19.