The Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom Program is pleased to announce the three winners of the National Ag Day drawing contest. More than 386 entries were received total.
One winner was selected in each of the age categories: 6 and younger, 7 to 9 and 10 to 12. The winners received an Ag in the Classroom book and participants received an Ag in the Classroom resource. Entries were judged by members of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Promotion and Education Committee.
The winners were:
- Age 6 and under: Bentley, age 6, of Omro
- Age 7 to 9: Mady, age 9, of Reedsburg
- Age 10 to 12: Naomi, age 11, of Fox Lake
- Age 6 and under: Piper, age 5, of Fox Lake and Harper, age 4, of Franksville
- Age 7-9: Kira, age 9, of Boyceville and Alexander, age 7, of Shell Lake
- Age 10-12: Mia, age 10, of Caledonia, and Madeline, age 10, of Reedsburg
National Ag Day was celebrated on March 14. Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom conducted the Ag Day drawing contest along with a reading event that encouraged farmers and volunteers to visit a classroom. Volunteers reported reading to nearly 3,575 students in more than 120 classrooms.