The Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom Program is pleased to announce the three winners of the National Ag Day drawing contest. There were more than 270 entries received between the three age categories.
One winner was selected in each of the age categories: age 6 and younger, age 7 to 9 and age 10 to 12. The winners received an Ag in the Classroom book and all participants will also be receiving an Ag in the Classroom resource along with other classroom materials. Entries were judged by members of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Promotion and Education Committee.
The winners were:
- Age 6 and under: Calvin Larsen of Brooklyn
- Age 7 to 9: Laila Wise of Caledonia
- Age 10 to 12: June Rihn of Cameron
- Age 6 and under: Zach Schmitzer of Evansville and Lucy Parker of Evansville
- Age 7-9: Madeline Conklin of Wausau and Lauren Nickerson of Franksville
- Age 10-12: Morgan Henke of Hillpoint and Colton Melton of Cameron
National Ag Day was celebrated on March 20. Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom conducted the Ag Day drawing contest along with a reading event that encouraged farmers and volunteers to visit a classroom and read a book to the students. Volunteers reported reading to nearly 1,500 students in more than 85 classrooms. Another 554 students were reached through the COOLBEAN the Soybean book program sponsored by the Wisconsin Soybean Marketing Board.