Wisconsin farmers encourage the members of the Wisconsin Assembly to vote in support of Assembly Bill 547. This legislation would bring additional relief to farmers who have small, non federal wetland impacts, or any artificial wetlands on their properties.
This legislation brings a workable approach to wetland permitting for small state wetland impacts on Wisconsin farmland and the removal of artificial wetlands from the regulatory program at the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources just makes sense.
Representative Steineke and Senator Roth have shown admirable leadership in the development of this legislation that will improve Wisconsin’s wetland permitting regulations.
Passage of Assembly Bill 547 is supported by all of the following Wisconsin farm groups:
• Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation
• Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association
• Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association
• Wisconsin Pork Association
• Wisconsin Cattlemen’s Association
• Wisconsin Soybean Association
• Wisconsin Association of Professional Agricultural Consultants
• Wisconsin Corn Growers Association
Wisconsin farmers encourage all members of the State Assembly to vote “yes” on AB 547.