- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3/4 c. carrot, shredded
- 3/4 c. celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 4 c. potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, cubed
- 11/2 c. milk
- 4 tbsp. butter or 4 tbsp. margarine
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
We featured this recipe in the December|January 2018-19 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photo and recipe submitted by Wendy Kannel, director of training and leadership development.