1 stick butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 long loaf of French bread
1 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt
- Melt butter, sugar and cinnamon together. Pour onto the bottom of a greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Cut one long loaf of French bread into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch slices. Put two layers of bread on bottom of the pan. (Optional: spread layer of cream cheese between layers of bread – DELICIOUS!)
- Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla and dash of salt.
- Pour over sliced bread. Then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes. Flip onto a platter and serve. You may serve with your favorite syrup (although it’s not really needed!)\
From the kitchen of Trempealeau Farm Bureau member Crystal Johnson. We featured this recipe in the December/January 2013-14 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route.