- ½ lb. macaroni – cavatappi, shells or elbows
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- 6 oz. LaClare Original Goat Cheese (chèvre)
- Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp. grated nutmeg
- ½ c. Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook to al dente according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add flour and whisk until flour is incorporated. Cook, whisking continuously until roux turns golden brown.
- Slowly add milk, whisking until all milk is combined.
- Add goat cheese, a pinch of salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Pour pasta and sauce into an 8×8 baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Clara Hedrich. Visit recipes.laclarefamilycreamery.com/recipes for more.
Leave a Reply