1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 c. sweet potato, diced and peeled
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. red bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp. curry powder
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. water or ready-to-serve beef broth
1 can (15-1/2 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
1 can (13-1/2 oz. light unsweetened coconut milk
2 c. packed fresh baby spinach leaves
3 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Pour off drippings in pan; add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper and curry powder.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion and pepper are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in water, black-eyed peas and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in spinach and thyme. Cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired.