- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ⅓ c. butter
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise and place them between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Coat the chicken in flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side in 1 or 2 tbsp. butter over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Remove the chicken from the skillet and leave the drippings in the skillet. Sprinkle the mushrooms over the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth and boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the cheeses and onions and sprinkle over the chicken.
6. Preheat oven to 450°F, bake the chicken for 12 to 14 minutes.
Recipe featured in the February|March 2017 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photo and recipe courtesy of the Marian Viney, WFBF Graphic Designer.