- 16 oz. can of dark red kidney beans
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. cocoa
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine kidney beans and eggs in a food processor. Process for 5 minutes until smooth and aerated.
- Add remaining ingredients and process for another minute, until well combined.
- Pour into a lined cake tin, or cupcake pan, and bake for 20 minutes (cupcakes) – 40 minutes (cake).
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Cindy Quilling, a retired family and consumer sciences teacher who has a love for cooking wholesome and delicious food. She enjoys talking with students of all ages about the nutritional benefits of consuming kidney beans. Learn more about Cindy and her family’s kidney bean farm here.
We featured this recipe in the August|September issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route.