• 1 beef flank or skirt steak (1-1/2 pounds)
• 2 small onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
• 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into quarters
• 12 small flour tortillas (6- to 7-inch diameter), warmed
• Salt and pepper
• 1 package (about 1.25 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
• 1/4 c. water
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 1-1/2 c. prepared tomatillo salsa
• 1 large avocado, diced
• 2/3 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 c. white onion, minced
• 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 1 tsp. garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp. salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onions and bell peppers around steak. Grill flank steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes (skirt steak 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine Avocado Salsa ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Carve flank steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices. (Carve skirt steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.) Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch strips; coarsely chop onions.
- Place steak slices on tortillas; top with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with Avocado Salsa.
Makes 6 servings.