- 2 packages cream cheese
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 c. walnuts or pecans, ground
- Place one package of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9”x13” pan. Crack an egg.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white. Beat sugar, egg yolk, cream cheese and vanilla together (set egg white aside).
- Spread mixture on rolls in the pan. Place second package of rolls on top of mixture. Brush beaten egg white on top. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes. (Mine usually only takes 22 minutes).
- Let cool before serving and store in the refrigerator.
From the kitchens of Green County Cheese Days Ambassadors Breinne Hendrickson and Sarah Sacker. We featured this recipe in the August/September 2014 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route.