- 2 beef strip steaks, boneless, cut 1-inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon peel, freshly grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4tsp. pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; reserve 2 tsp. for garnish. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Sprinkle with reserved seasoning and salt, as desired.
We featured this recipe in the June/July 2017 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photo and recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Beef Council, the beef checkoff. For more information about beef, visit www.beeftips.com.