• 1 lb. ground beef (80 to 85% lean)
• 4 slices red onion, cut 1/2 inch thick
• 1 large red bell pepper, cut into quarters
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 c. garlic-herb cheese spread
• 4 round French sandwich rolls, split, toasted
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion and bell pepper around patties. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch strips.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. cheese on bottom of each bun; top with burger, another 1 Tbsp. cheese, onion slice and 1/4 of bell pepper. Close sandwiches.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.