- 1.5 lbs. hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans butter beans, drained
- 2 cans (28 oz.) Bush’s baked beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. ketchup
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 4 tbsp. molasses
- Mix together hamburger, bacon, onion, sugar, brown sugar, kidney beans, butter beans, Bush’s baked beans, dry mustard, ketchup and molasses in a large crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Cindy Quilling, a retired family and consumer sciences teacher who has a love for cooking wholesome and delicious food. She enjoys talking with students of all ages about the nutritional benefits of consuming kidney beans. Learn more about Cindy and her family’s kidney bean farm here.
This recipe was featured in the August|September issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route.