• 12 oz. box bow tie pasta
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 lb. Italian sausage, bulk or links with casing removed
• 1/2 c. onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 28 oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
• 2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
• Optional: sliced spinach, kale or zucchini to add color and vegetables
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta as directed until al dente. Drain.
2. While pasta cooks, brown sausage in olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is softened.
3. Add tomatoes and heavy cream and heat until simmering and slightly thickened. Add optional vegetables and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add cooked pasta and top with cheese.
5. Cover the pan and allow the cheese to melt.
6. Enjoy with Italian bread.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Gleason Cattle Company Meats.
Chad and Katrina Gleason from Shullsburg in Lafayette County own and operate Gleason Cattle Company Meats. Their business has grown from selling quarters in 2007 from their fourth-generation family feedlot to a diversified operation of beef, grass-fed beef, pork and lamb sold by individual cuts, quarters and halves. They operate an on-farm store, attend five local farmers’ markets and have beef sticks in three local stores including Roelli Cheese Haus.