• 1 Tbsp. butter
• ½ c. finely chopped button or baby bella mushrooms
• 1 tsp. minced shallots
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• pinch of fresh chopped basil and garlic chives
• 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
• 6 ounces cream cheese
• 2 MacFarlane boneless pheasant breasts
• pinch of Kosher salt and white pepper
• 4 ounces heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 300˚ F. In a small saucepan, add butter, mushrooms, shallots, sauté. Add garlic and fresh herbs, mix.
- Remove from heat; add garlic puree and cream cheese, mix until combined. Season to taste.
- Make a slit in the meaty portion of the breast. Pipe mushroom mixture into the slit until plump.
- On a baking sheet pan, place pheasant. Place in oven, heat until internal temperature 160˚ F. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, add the remaining mushroom mixture and cream, mix together.
- Reduce to desired consistency. Pour sauce over pheasant. Serve immediately.