1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. quick oats
Frosting: 1 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 c. peanut butter, milk
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and oatmeal. Mix well and pour into 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Let melt and spread, let cool.
- Frost with 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and milk until spreadable. Double recipe for jelly roll pan.
We featured this recipe in the February/March 2016 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Recipe submitted by Derek Orth of Grant County and was in Farm Bureau Favorites: A Taste of District 3 cookbook. To purchase your own copy for $10, contact Melissa Doyle, District 3 Coordinator, at 866.355.7343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.