• 2 MacFarlane pheasant breasts (sliced into strips)
• 1 yellow onion (sliced into strips)
• 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
• 10 mushrooms (sliced)
• sour cream
• 4 green onions (diced)
• cilantro (diced)
• olive oil
• peanut oil
• dried garlic
• red pepper
1. Place the pheasant strips in a bowl and add salt, dried garlic, and red pepper to taste. Allow the pheasant to rest at least 15 minutes.
2. Burn the bell peppers over the open flame on the stove until the peppers are totally black on the outside. Place the burned peppers in a paper bag to cool. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Remove the peppers and peel their skins off. (The skins should just fall off the pepper). Slice the peppers into strips.
In separate skillets:
1. Sauté the sliced yellow onions until just barely brown.
2. Sauté the mushrooms with a pad of butter until golden.
3. Sauté the peppers with a little olive oil.
4. In a wrought iron skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of peanut oil until hot. Slowly place a few of the strips of pheasant into the hot pan. Sear the pheasant on both sides and remove to a separate dish.
5. Continue with as many batches as it takes to cook all of the pheasant.
6. Place the tortillas, one at a time over an open flame on the stove. Slightly char each side and place between towels to keep warm.
7. Serve the pheasant, yellow onions, green onions, mushrooms, peppers, tortillas, sour cream in separate bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
8. Each person makes their own fajitas.