1 large garlic clove, cut in half
1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak cut 3/4-inch thick
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 medium green pepper, cut lengthwise in half, seeded and stemmed
1 small yellow onion cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
4 6-inch torpedo rolls, split
8 slices Wisconsin Provolone cheese, quartered
Non-stick spray for grill
- Rub garlic over steak and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spray grate of outdoor grill and utensils with spray for grilling. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place green pepper and onion on heated grill and cook uncovered 10-12 minutes or until pepper is slightly blacked and onion is tender, turning once. Set onion aside.
- Place green pepper in a plastic bag and let stand until skin loosens and cool enough to handle. Peel skin from pepper and cut it and onion into thin strips.
- Grill steak uncovered 13-16 minutes for medium-rare, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Place rolls on grill and toast until golden. Carve steak into thin slices, place on rolls and top with green peppers, onions and Provolone Cheese.
This is one of Farm Bureau member Rosalie Geiger’s favorite dairy recipes. We featured this recipe in the June/July 2013 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Images and recipes courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.