- 4 lb. green snap beans
- 1 pod or ¼ tsp. hot red pepper per pint
- ½ tsp. whole mustard seed per pint
- ½ tsp. dill seed per pint
- 1 clove garlic per pint
- 5 c. vinegar
- 5 c. water
- ½ c. salt
- carrots, sliced, for color in each jar
- Wash beans thoroughly; drain and cut into lengths to fill pint jars. Pack beans into clean, hot jars; add pepper, mustard seed, dill seed and garlic. Combine vinegar, water and salt; heat to boiling. Pour boiling liquid over beans, filling to 1/2-inch of top of jars. Put caps on jars and screw the band tight.
- Place in water bath canner with water to cover jars. Process in boiling water for 5 minutes after water begins to boil. Remove jars and place on a rack to cool before storing.
Yields 7 pints.
Garden recipes from Apples to Zucchini are generously shared by Lisa Leege and originally appeared in the August | September 2022 Rural Route.
Be aware of food safety when canning. Lisa suggests this website for help with canning procedures: nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_home.html
Leave a Reply