1 boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast (2 1/2 lb.)
2 c. chopped onions
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
1 c. frozen hash brown potatoes (cubes)
1 c. ready-to-serve beef broth
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. broccoli slaw
1/2 c. frozen peas
- Cut beef roast into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in 4 1/2 to 5 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW 8 to 9 hour, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in broccoli slaw; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until broccoli slaw is crisp-tender. Turn off slow cooker.
- Stir in peas; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings.