• 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
• 1 ½ c. powdered sugar, divided
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 ¼ c. flour
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 c. walnuts, finely chopped
• red and green sugar, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, ½ cup of powdered sugar, vanilla, flour, salt and walnuts. Using your hands, mix well. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Bake cookies on an insulated baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, until light brown.
- When cool, roll in the remaining powdered sugar until well coated
- Sprinkle with red or green sugar, if desired.