- 1½ c. butter, softened
- 1½ c. packed brown sugar
- 3 c. flour
- 2 – 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 c. milk chocolate chips
- 2 c. toffee bits
To Make Base:
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and flour until well blended and mixture sticks together. Press into 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden. Cool while preparing filling.
- Heat sweetened condensed milk and margarine in heavy pan, stirring constantly over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cooled base.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 min or until golden. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Bake for 2 minutes longer or until chocolate is shiny and soft.
- Remove from oven. Spread chocolate evenly. Sprinkle toffee bits on top, pressing lightly into chocolate. Cool completely and cut into bars.
We featured this recipe in the February|March 2017 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photo and recipe courtesy of Wendy Kannel, WFBF Director of Training and Leadership Development.