- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 oz. grated or crumbled cheese (I like blue or Roquefort)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. sour cream
- ¼ c. parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté the chicken in olive oil until browned on all sides, set aside. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, cheese and sour cream to the pan.
- Stir constantly to incorporate the drippings to the sauce.
- When the cheese is melted, return the chicken to the sauce, reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve over a bed of cooked linguini or angel hair pasta, cooked according to package instructions, and lightly tossed with basil infused olive oil (if desired).
- Garnish the chicken and pasta with chopped parsley.
We featured this recipe in the April|May 2017 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photo and recipe courtesy of Katie Mattison, WFBF District 9 Coordinator.