The Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation (WFBF) is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Member Relations, based in Madison, Wisconsin.
Duties include planning and conducting a variety of Farm Bureau meetings and events, including the WFBF Annual Meeting, FFA Farm Forum, and other statewide conferences; serving as staff advisor to the WFBF Promotion & Education Committee; assisting with volunteer training functions; providing staff support to District Coordinators and assisting with functions of the County Farm Bureau Services Program.
This position is based at the WFBF headquarters in Madison, and requires regular in-state travel and occasional travel to out-of-state events. A company vehicle is provided.
Full Job Description:
Title: Director of Member Relations
Plan and conduct Farm Bureau meetings and events, including the WFBF Annual Meeting, FFA Farm Forum, and other statewide conferences. Coordinate the activities of the Farm Bureau Promotion & Education Committee. Provide staff support to District Coordinators and assist with functions of County Farm Bureau Services Program.
- Assume lead role in planning and coordinating WFBF Annual Meeting
- Plan and coordinate FFA Farm Forum and other statewide Farm Bureau events
- Serve as staff advisor to the WFBF Promotion & Education Committee and promote participation of all counties in the P&E Committee’s program of work.
- Provide staffing support to District Coordinators, including coverage of county meetings during vacations, extended leaves of absence, or in other cases as needed
- Assist with volunteer and staff training at various Farm Bureau events
- Coordinate WFBF’s presence at Farm Technology Days, Wisconsin FFA Convention, and other similar events
- Build relationships with current and potential sponsors for WFBF Meetings and events
- Attend regular staff conferences, including AFBF-sponsored meetings, as required by Executive Director.
- Work closely with staff in all WFBF divisions to stay informed and keep them informed.
Reports to: Executive Director of Member Relations
A successful candidate must have experience in event planning and the ability to manage multiple tasks, organize meetings, work effectively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles, manage budgets for each program area, and build effective networks and relationships with partners and volunteers. Candidate should be highly motivated, creative and experienced in working with word processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing software as well as social media. Candidate should possess basic understanding of the Farm Bureau organization and network. A background in agriculture is a definite plus. This position is based at the WFBF headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. A company vehicle is provided.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Bob Leege, WFBF Executive Director of Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply