WFBF COUNTY ALL-STARS RECOGNITION PROGRAM
Entry Rules and Guidelines:
- Applications must be submitted no later than Sept. 30, 2022. An application must be submitted using the online form.
- A county Farm Bureau may submit an entry for each program category. No more than two entries will be selected for recognition from a county Farm Bureau. Only one entry may be submitted in each category. The categories for the WFBF County All-Star Award are consumer outreach, local affairs, membership, ag in the classroom or other.
- Any activity for which an entry is submitted should take place between Sept. 1, 2021, and Sept. 1, 2022.
- Winning entries will be announced by Oct. 17, 2022.
- WFBF staff will not be involved in preparing county entries, judging entries or preparing displays or exhibits for winning entries.
- County Farm Bureaus with 300 members or more will be placed in the Large County Division. County Farm Bureaus with 299 members or less will be placed in the Small County Division.
- A county Farm Bureau with a program selected as a winner is ineligible to enter the same category the following year.
- By submitting an entry, a county Farm Bureau agrees to have its program included in the WFBF Promotion and Education ‘Playbook’ or Local Affairs ‘Playbook.’
WFBF TRADE SHOW DISPLAY
- By submitting an entry, a county Farm Bureaus agree to showcase the program or activity with an exhibit at the WFBF Annual Meeting Trade Show, if selected as an award winner.
- The WFBF Annual Meeting Trade Show dates are: Dec. 3-4, 2022.
- The county Farm Bureau that is selected as an award winner will be responsible for preparing a poster explaining the program/activity that will be on display during the WFBF Trade Show.
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and evaluated solely on the contents of the entry form. Judges will use a scoring rubric to evaluate each entry. We strongly encourage a county Farm Bureau to review the scoring rubric before submitting an entry.
- One Large County Division winner and one Small County Division winner may be selected in each of the five entry categories. Up to 10 awards will be presented each year.
- In the instance there are no entries received in a category, or entries do not meet the minimum award standards listed in the scoring rubric, no award will be presented in that category.
- Each County All-Stars Recognition Award winner will receive their choice of one the following awards:
- $500 cash.
- A $500 donation will be given to the WFBF Foundation or charity of the county’s choosing on behalf of the county.
American Farm Bureau Federation County Activities of Excellence
The American Farm Bureau Federation will again recognize top county Farm Bureau programs and activities through the County Activities of Excellence Program.
The AFBF CAE Awards are designed to provide national recognition for unique volunteer-driven programming at the local level. County Farm Bureaus may enter an outstanding or unique activity in one of the following areas:
• Education and Ag Promotion
• Member Services
• Public Relations and Information
• Leadership Development
• Policy Implementation
Up to 24 county Farm Bureaus and up to four multi-county collaborative activities from across the nation will be selected to present a display of their winning activity during the AFBF Annual Convention Tradeshow. Winning counties will receive $2,250 toward expenses incurred to participate in the CAE program at the annual convention and four, free registrations for the AFBF Annual Convention.
To learn more, or to apply visit AFBF's County Activities of Excellence webpage.