1 c. flour
1/2 c. oat bran
1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar, divided
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. (8 oz.) Wisconsin Ricotta cheese
1/2 c. yogurt, plain
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 c. whipping cream, whipped
1 c. thick blueberry yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together all dry ingredients, except 2 Tbsp. brown sugar; set aside.
- Mix Ricotta, yogurt, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and blueberries. Stir into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into buttered 8×8 inch pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. brown sugar.
- Bake until just firm to the touch, about 40 minutes.
- When cool, mix whipped cream and blueberry yogurt. Spoon over individual servings of coffee cake.
This is one of Farm Bureau member Rosalie Geiger’s favorite dairy recipes. We featured this recipe in the June/July 2013 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Images and recipes courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.