2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
2/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Italian herb seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 lbs small yellow potatoes
olive oil cooking spray
warm marinara sauce or pesto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Stir together bread crumbs, cheese, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place flour and eggs in two separate bowls.
4. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and spray liberally with olive oil spray. Roll each potato in flour, dip in egg, then bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat potatoes well with each step. 5. Place back on baking sheet and spray again with olive oil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork, coating with spray twice during cooking.
6. Serve with marina sauce or pesto.
We featured this recipe in the August/September 2016 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photos and recipes courtesy of the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association.