- 4 lb. Wisconsin potatoes, peeled
- 1 lb. maple smoked bacon, fried crispy and chopped
- 8 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. kosher dill pickles, diced
- 1/2 c. green onion with some tops, chopped
- 2 c. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 11/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. smoked Spanish paprika
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling, unsalted water until tender.
- Refrigerate until chilled, chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer potatoes to a larger bowl with remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Adjust seasoning prior to serving.
We featured this recipe in the October/November 2018 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association. For more recipes, visit eatwisconsinpotatoes.com.