- 1-14.5 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 in. medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 in. medium carrot, sliced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, in 1/4 in. slices
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat combine broth and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, zucchini, onions and basil; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is opaque throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper.
We featured this recipe in the October/November 2018 issue of Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s Rural Route. Photo and recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association. For more recipes, visit eatwisconsinpotatoes.com.